Sunday, October 20, 2013

He Alone Is My Rock

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress;  I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
Psalm 62:5-8

God alone.  Jesus plus nothing.  He is my rock. When we are shaken in life we can remain standing because our foundation is God.  He holds us up when we can't stand on our own.  He always gives us another chance, even when we don't deserve it. 

For the last few months I have been meeting with a small group of women every Friday morning.   The most beautiful thing about this group is that each one of us is aware of our desperate need of a Savior.  We know that apart from Him we cannot stand.

A couple of weeks ago my friend Karla said to me, "I know God wants me to share, He wants me to do more".  I want Karla to do more.  I want her to know that God has put that desire in her heart and when she responds He will give her more.  It was beautiful to be with Karla as she responded to her Savior.  He gave her confidence to share His Word.  She wants to share with other women that God has redeemed her and made her new.  There is always hope when we put our hope in Jesus alone.  

 





Jesus + nothing = everything

 
O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!  Let the redeemed of the Lord say so... Psalm 107:1, 2  

Because God put the desire in her heart to do something and she was obedient...



No comments:

Post a Comment